The IEAA Accredited Executive PA Diploma – Level 4 offers learners a training course that helps them develop their careers. The Diploma has two main focuses that will build a mix of office administration and management capabilities to function effectively working with Executives. Additionally, there is Microsoft Office (IT) training to provide advanced IT skills for the workplace. This mixture of abilities will enable delegates to build successful careers as Assistants.
The Executive PA Diploma is Level 4 in the IEAA’s qualification framework. This means you can continue studying to Level 5 and build your career and earning potential.
All training is delivered online. There are two modules delivered in a virtual classroom. These are the PA Certificate Course and the Executive PA Certificate Course. Both modules are provided in Virtual Classrooms and are led by experienced trainers at their respective levels. The training content and ability to speak to the trainer or your colleagues are similar to the live classroom experience. The course is very practical and has numerous exercises to simulate work tasks. This helps to develop real job skills and prepares delegates to launch their careers.
The other module is the Microsoft Office Diploma for an Executive Assistant. This interactive online training programme is provided in partnership with Microsoft Platinum Partners. This module is a flexible study schedule. You can start at any time and study when you would like.
Executive PA Diploma
Module 1 (Virtual Classroom – Live Tutor) – PA Certificate Course (experienced delegates can apply for exemption, see below for details)
- The role of a modern PA or Office Assistant
- Diary Management
- Business Writing Skills
- Written Communications
- Resume Development
- Composing E-mails
- Telephone skills
- Travel Management
- Working with a travelling manager
- Filing Systems
- Time Management
- Invoicing/Purchase Order/Petty Cash
- Client Care
- Complaint Management
- Work Planning
- Confidence building
- Touch Typing skills to a proficient level
- Organising business meetings
Module 2 (Virtual Classroom – Live Tutor) – Executive PA Certificate Course
On the job
- The transition from PA to the Executive level
- Written Business Communication at the Executive Level
- How to take a lead role in meetings
- Tips on taking minutes
- Personal Performance
Confidence building to deal with executive-level environments
- Synchronising your role with that of your executive
- Setting priorities, managing your role/career to meet executive’s needs
- Delegation, multi-tasking effectively, taking initiative
- Executive Skills
Introduction to Management Theory
- Styles of management
- Relationship with your executive/s; how can you provide effective support
- Communication skills
Effective communication skills
- Understanding verbal and non-verbal communication
- Different questioning styles; how to use questions effectively
- Office politics for an Executive Assistant
- The value of networking
- Explanation of the role of social media in the modern executive arena
- Overview of Project Management and Event Management for EA’s
- Communicating and negotiating win-win solutions; this can be internal or external
- Human resources – EA as an interface with this function
Developing relationships throughout the organisation
- Understanding other people at work; what do they think?
- Understanding how to handle stakeholders and their importance to your role
- Passive vs aggressive vs assertive
- Saying “no” is sometimes necessary
- Take control of your career and advance your career with a clear plan
- Build your map for the future.
Module 3 (Online and Interactive) – Microsoft Office Diploma for an Executive Assistant
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Teams
All training is to the advanced level.
Other training options
The Executive PA Diploma combines three training modules. You can opt to take only one of the courses if you prefer.
The Level 3 PA Certificate Course is included in this Diploma to ensure that all delegates have the opportunities to learn or consolidate their core office administration/assistant skills. If you are an experienced delegate and feel that you do not require this training, please get in touch with our office to find out details of exemptions.
We will require a copy of your resume, and the accrediting body, the IEAA, will confirm your eligibility. Eligibility is based on work experience. Applying for exemptions is voluntary, and if you prefer to take all the training, you are more than welcome to.
When can I start?
You can take this course in several methods:
PA Certificate Course
- Full-time and intensive option
- The PA Course runs on five consecutive days. It runs from Monday – Friday, from 11:30 – 17:30 Eastern or 08:30 – 14:30 Pacific. This option is a fixed timetable and will be attended by a group of students in a virtual classroom.
- Flexible study
- Work with our tutors to complete the course in your own time using a blended learning format. Contact us for details of this method.
- If you successful apply for an exemption, you can opt to start your training with either the Microsoft Office Diploma for an Executive Assistant or the Executive PA Certificate Course.
Executive PA Certificate Course
- Full-time and intensive option
- The Executive PA Course runs on three consecutive days. It runs from Monday – Wednesday, from 11:30 – 17:30 Eastern or 08:30 – 14:30 Pacific. This option is a fixed timetable and will be attended by a group of students in a virtual classroom.
Microsoft Office Diploma for a PA
- Flexible study
- An online interactive training system enables you to start or study anytime.
Ideally, you will have some office experience, but each case is considered a case-by-case scenario. You will need access to the internet to take part in the course.
Anyone with doubts about their suitability, please get in touch with us.
Advantages of this course
- Thousands of delegates have taken the course, and many now work in top Executive Assistant roles at major organisations.
- Gain a professional qualification to build your resume
- Gain from high-quality Microsoft Office training provided by a specialist training provider, a Microsoft Platinum Partner
- IEAA accreditation for the certificates
- Enhance your career options and employability
- Gain from the guidance of experienced trainers